My first guest post is by the lovely @la_manisera
“Hello, Alicia’s readers! This is my very first guest post! (It’s my first blog post ever, actually, since I am blogless – you can find me on Instagram, though.) My nails today have no brand loyalty: the yellow is Canary Islands from the Julie G Summer 2014 Cruise Collection. The lighter gray is China Glaze Pelican Gray; the dark gray is Essie Sew Psyched, and the white is Essie Blanc. There’s even a bit of OPI My Vampire is Buff in there. I used a detailer from Winstonia Store to dab on the petals first, then fill in the spaces between them with other colors. I do have a thing for yellow nails this summer!”
Sitting on my deck admiring these Essie Neons. The dark blue is Chills & Thrills and looks purple in some lighting. The lighter blue is I’m Addicted. I did a coat of white, then two coats of I’m Addicted. Taped off the bottom using @teismom nail vinyls, then one coat of Chills & Thrills. I hear not everyone in the polish community is in love with the Essie neon collection this year, but I think they are great. Very bright colors, but not too highlighter like some other collections I’ve seen. Great for summer!
NOTD: chevron skittle mani featuring Essie Hide and Go Chic, Essie Beyond Cozy, OPI I Eat Mainley Lobster, and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Tried using @teismom nail vinyls for the chevrons, but I wasn’t used to them, took too long to remove them, and messed up the clean lines. Womp womp. Oh well, gotta keep practicing!
I was walking by David’s Tea and was inspired by their summer collection colors. I don’t really have a good, bright green, so I left it out. Colors used are: OPI I Eat Mainley Lobster, OPI Koala Bear-y, and China Glaze Metro Pollen-tin.
I have been dying to share these nails with you guys for a while. @lowcountrylacquer and I love craft beer, so what better way to show it than on our nails! If you don’t already follow @lowcountrylacquer on Instagram, you need to. She is freaking awesome and has great nails (I mean, just look at them!).
Here is my solo shot of my Bestie Beer Nails. I chose to do the label from Mikkellerbeer 19 (American Style IPA)! I just loved the rainbow design. I used so many different polishes, I could never name them all, but the blue is @opi_products Keeping Suzi At Bay.
- Nails Inc Caviar Base Coat
- Zoya Purity (white)
- Essie Resort Fling (orange)
- OPI Can’t Find My Czechbook! (light blue)
- Essie Off The Shoulder (pink)
- OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay (dark blue)
- Seche Vite top coat.
1. Apply a base coat. Apply a coat of white polish (optional). Apply a light orange polish near the bottom half of your nail.
2. Apply a blue polish on the top 2/3rds of your nail making a V shape as shown. This does not need to be exact on each nail and is fine to do free hand as we will fix it up later on.
3. Apply 4 pieces of striping tape as shown over the seam between the blue and orange polish.
4. Paint in between the tape with a pink polish, and on top of the tape with a dark blue polish as shown.
5. Top coat and admire your nails (:
TUTORIAL: I had some followers ask how I spaced out my dots, so hopefully this picture tutorial will help. Basically I use the first two dots as a guide to where to put the rest of the dots. All you need is a dotting tool (or toothpick), polish, and a steady hand!