Hey everyone! I’ve spent the last few weeks spending time with friends and family, and then I had a crazy first week back to work after the holidays – so I’m sorry for not posting as often as I normally do! I honestly haven’t even had my nails polished for the majority of the time ? Now that I’m starting to get back into the swing of things, I saw an awesome manicure done by @trendypolish a few days ago and knew I had to recreate it! I used Essie Bobbing for Baubles, Essie Beyond Cozy. Zoya Purity, & Nubar Star Sparkle. The quatrefoil was done with a dotting tool using the @christabellnails method. These are simple and sparkly and just what I needed!
Super easy Rudolph accent nail! Featuring China Glaze Ruby Pumps & OPI You Don’t Know Jacques! This was all done with a dotting tool, but you could use a toothpick if you don’t have dotting tools at home.
Also don’t forget to enter my *giveaway*! See my Instagram for details!
I am excited to announce that I have hit 2000 followers! Because I love you all so much, I have decided to host a little giveaway!!
With help from @whatsupnails I will be giving away 7 packs of nail guides to one of my lucky followers! There are 1100 nail guides total – that’s enough for around 110 manicures! Included are various sizes of moon/French tip, chevron, zig zag, and anchors. All you have to do to enter is follow my Instagram account, and repost this image with the hashtag #thebasecoat2k.
• This giveaway is open internationally. However, if your package is lost or damaged in the mail, I cannot replace it.
• I will choose a winner at random on the 23rd of December at 5pm AST.
• You must be 18 years of age or older.
• You must repost this image on your Instagram account with the hashtag #thebasecoat2k
• You must be following my Instagram account when I draw for the winner.
• The winner will have 48 hours from when I make the announcement to contact me via email or DM. If they fail to do so, I will choose a new winner.
- Essie Power Clutch (Grey)
- Essie Butler Please (Blue)
- Essie Roarrrrange (Orange)
- Zoya Purity (White)
- Zoya Raven (Black)
- China Glaze Glistening Snow (Silver Glitter)
- Glossy and Matte Top Coat
Tutorial for Snowman Pattern Nails!
1. Paint your base color. Let dry.
2. Using a large dotting tool, create the base of your snowmen with a white polish. Try to space them out like the image above. (There is a tutorial on how I spread out my dots on my Instagram feed from a few months back)
3. Using a smaller dotting tool and your white polish, add dots to slightly touch the tops of the dots you just created to become heads for your snowmen.
4. Using a very tiny dotting tool (I actually used a sewing needle) and a black polish, create dots for the eyes and buttons.
5. Using your small dotting tool or sewing needle and an orange polish, create a dot under the eyes for the nose.
6. Using a small nail art brush and a blue polish, create a line between the head and body of each snowman for a scarf.
7. With a small dotting tool or toothpick and a glitter polish, place dots between your snowmen as ‘snowflakes’ in the background. Seal in your art work with a good quick dry top coat.
8. Post a picture of your nails to Instagram and use #thebasecoat so I can see your creations!
Here are the nails I created for @thelittlecanvas blog ❄️ I used Picture Polish Super Styling as the base color. These are so glittery and fun for winter!
Tutorial for my Penguin nails:
1. Start with your favourite base coat and add two coats of a blue glitter polish.
2. Using a black polish, paint a strip of polish down the center of your nail, staying away from the cuticle and edges of your nail. This is similar to creating a ruffian manicure!
3. Once step 2 is dry, do the same with the white polish, but start a little further down the nail so you have space on the black for the penguins eyes. Using the medium dotting tool, make two white dots for the eyes.
4. Using the small dotting tool, make two black dots in the white dots for pupils.
5. Using a small dotting tool or a small nail art brush and the orange polish, make two half dots on the tip of your nail for feet. Also add a small triangle for a nose!
6. Add some white dots in the background for snow! Seal in your creation with a good top coat!
I’d like to see your recreations! Use #thebasecoat on Instagram (:
• White: Zoya Purity
• Green: Zoya Chita
• Red: China Glaze Ruby Pumps
• Nail Guides: @whatsupnails
• Dotting Tool
• Base coat & top coat
• Nail art brush
1. Paint on your base color(s). Make sure your base color is completely dry. Try using a quick dry top coat to speed up this process.
2. Place your nail guides or striping tape. I find tweezers helps with the placement. Start by placing 2 pieces in an X shape in the center of your nail. Continue to place more tape to create the design seen in the picture above. I used 9 pieces of tape total.
3. Using a nail art brush or the brush that comes in you polish, color in the triangles to form a tree shape. I decided to paint a few in a red color to act as decorations, but you could paint the tree all green if you want!
4. Pul the tape off quickly before the polish dries!
5. Using a dotting tool or a toothpick. Add a small green or brown dot on the bottom to create the trunk base of the tree. Seal in your art work with a good top coat (I suggest Seche Vite for nail art).