1. Paint nails black (I used Zoya Raven). Add a quick dry topcoat (Seche Vite) and let dry until the polish is completely dry to the touch.
2. Cut 6 strips of tape and place them into the chevron shape on one nail. I found it easiest to start with the biggest chevron and work my way smaller. Press these down fairly well so that paint doesn’t seep under the tape.
3. Paint over the chevron area with a gold metallic polish (such as Zoya Ziv). I used a small paint brush to help with accuracy. Then using the purple color (Zoya Neeka) paint above the chevron.
4. Remove the tape as soon as possible. Do not let the polish dry. I suggest painting one nail, removing the tape, then painting the next nail. After the tape is removed, add another layer of a quick dry topcoat. I used Seche Vite because I find that it doesn’t smudge nail art.
5. Let your nails dry for a bit (I would say 5-10 minutes). You could use this time to clean up around your cuticles with an eyeliner brush and some acetone. Add your matte topcoat. I used Gosh Matt Effect Top Coat.
Calling spring! Please! Any day now. Sick of scraping ice off of my at at -16 every morning. Wearing @essiecanada Where’s My Chauffeur. Fitting, no? Topped it off with a matte top coat. #essie #nails #nailsofig #nailpolish #nailpromote #nailstagram #nailsofinsta #nailsofinstagram #nailstopleaseyou #polish #turquoise #mattepolish #matte #mani #manicure
NOTD: glitter half moons over a black holo base! Used Glitter Gal 3D Black Holo and Zoya Tomoko… Mmmmmmm glitter. #notd #nails #nailpolish #glitter #holo #glittergal #zoya #halfmoon #mani #nailart #sgnailartpromote #craftynails #gold #black #nailartpromote #freehand #nailsofinsta #nailsofinstagram #weloveyournails
Plain nails kind of day! I am wearing NOPI Others Pale By Kim-Parison. I seriously got this awesome off-white, slightly jelly, perfect polish for 1.99$ at Lawtons last year (such a great find). 3 coats for full opacity. Also showing off my new favourite hand lotion.