This is a Soak Off Gel polish from Gelish called Anime-zing Color! I’ve been wearing this polish for 12 days (picture was taken on day 5) because I’ve been away on a vacation/work trip in LA.
I expected it to last, maybe, half of my trip. However, Gelish has proved me wrong! I couldn’t believe it. Other soak off gel polishes I’ve tried have chipped and peeled after 5ish days, but this polish made it to day 12 before lifting from one little corner. This was after countless hours in a hot tub, and me trying to drag a bag heavier than me through multiple airports.
Best vacation polish ever! The colours from this collection are awesome, I can’t wait to get more!
Color Club Eternal Beauty. This polish is opaque in 2-3 coats and is gorgeous in the sun! Look at those rainbows! I bought this from NailPolishCanada.com.
White Moroccan Print created with Whatsupnails Moroccan Stencils, Zoya Purity, and Orly Tiara.
I started by painting my nail with the silver glitter and waited for that to dry completely. I then applied the stencils carefully, and pressed them down on each nail. Using a makeup sponge, I sponged the white polish over the stencils and removed the stencils before the polish had time to dry. Finally, I added a top coat to all of my nails!
It’s crazy how much vinyls have changed the nail art game. 2 years ago, I never would have thought about using stencils to create nail art, I was to busy cutting pieces of scotch tape up to try to make a straight line. Today there are lots of nail vinyls out there! My favourites are from WhatsUpNails: not just because of the variety of selection they offer, but also because I really love their customer service!
On my nails today is a base of Essence Via Air Mail!, with scales of OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, Essie Hide & Go Chic, Essie Bikini So Teeny, Picture Polish Nebula, and Layla NE41 Thermal. This is all topped off with Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat. I created this look using the Scale Stencil vinyls from WhatsUpNails.
Feeling some pink studs today! A little something to brighten up this rainy day.
The white polish is Zoya Purity and the chevrons were created using nail guides from WhatsUpNails.
The studs were given to me by Born Pretty (product #14436), but they are so awesome that I probably would have bought them anyways! They come in a package with 300 neon circle and star shaped studs. Such a fun way to spruce up your mani’s this summer! Use my discount code ALIW10 to get 10% off your purchase!
1. Gather your polishes! I like to have my bottles opened before I start. For this look, I used an opaque white, pink, purple, blue, and liquid latex.
2. Paint on your base coat. This is also the time to do two coats of liquid latex around your nail and let it dry. Don’t let your fingers touch or the latex will stick together!
3. Paint on the base color. I always choose the lightest of the colors in my gradient, so this time I chose the pink.
4. Using a makeup sponge, paint the gradient colors in lines. I like to make sure the polish on the sponge is about the same size as my nail.
5. Dab the sponge onto your nail a few times. Don’t do this too much because the polish will start to come off. If you don’t get the polish to be opaque enough after the first time, go back and do it again after it has had a few minutes to dry.
6. Using tweezers, remove your liquid latex! This will also remove the mess of polish that isn’t on your nail. If you still have polish left on your skin, use a small brush dipped in polish remover to clean it up.
7. Grab a very small brush. I bought this one at Michaels.
8. Paint 3 dots with white polish where you want your chevron lines to go. There are two small dots near my cuticles, and one at the very top of the free edge.
9. Connect the dots using your white polish. After letting this all dry for a few minutes, you can add your top coat to seal in your nail art.
See my post from yesterday for a larger image of the completed look!
NOTD: blue to pink gradient with a white freehand chevron moon outline!
Products used are:
- OPI Just Lanai-ing Around,
- OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini,
- Essence Via Airmail!,
- Zoya Purity.
I am working on a tutorial for this nail art, which I should have ready by tomorrow!
I’ve been wearing this color for almost a week now – I just can’t get enough of it! I’m wearing Color Club Bell Bottom Babe. This polish is opaque in 2-3 coats, but I’ve layered one coat over one coat of Nails Inc Baker St. This polish looks AMAZING in the sun, but you can still see the glow indoors! You can find this polish on NailPolishCanada.com.