I started with a base of Zoya Raven and then used Orly Luxe (my favourite gold at the moment) to create the effect.
- Start with a black base polish.
- Use room temperature water in an old cup. Drop 1-2 drops of polish (the gold) onto the surface of the water.
- Quickly spray the polish with rubbing alcohol or hair spray.
- Dip your finger into the water, and the specks of gold polish will transfer onto the nail.
- Clean up & top coat.
It’s not perfect, but I actually really like how it turned out!
Inspired by a post by @essiecanada
Products used are:
- Essie Licorice
- Essie Penny Talk
- Essie Matte About You
- @WhatsUpNails Skinny Straight Tape (to get the straight line between my natural nail and the black tip)
- & A medium size dotting tool for the dots
#Repost @armstrongnails with @repostapp.
Before I took off this gorgeous fall color, I added a little something inspired by @thebasecoat. She recently posted some navy blue matte nails with gold dots. LOVE these! Thanks for the inspiration!
@chinaglazeofficial ‘city siren’ (red)
@essiepolish ‘good as gold’
@revlon ‘matte top coat’
Stud from @winstonia_store
Ring from @primark
Swatch: Essie Bell-Bottom Blues from the Fall 2015 collection ???
I’m feeling the fall colors!
- American Apparel Passport Blue,
- Orly Luxe,
- A matte topcoat
Inspired by @shannasnailadventures.
- OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay,
- OPI Party In My Cabana,
- OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI,
- A franken orange polish
- Small dotting tool
The dotting tool was used to create this whole design! I love when I only need to use one tool to create something fun.
I saw this super cute bed set at Bed Bath and Beyond, and since I don’t need a new bed set (plus my boyfriend would kill me if I put another one into rotation haha), I decided to recreate the print on my nails!
For this look I used:
- China Glaze Rain Dance The Night Away
- China Glaze Shower Together
- Finger Paints Stunning Stilettos
- OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI
- WhatsUpNails vinyls in Skinny Straight and Regular Zig Zag
Mermaid watercolor accent nail inspired by @simplynailogical! I tried the watercolor 3 different times and I still can’t get it to look as good as hers!
Colors used are:
- OPI Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm,
- Essie Marshmallow,
- Nubar Star Sparkle,
- acrylic paint in dark blue, turquoise, purple, and pink.
Also testing out my new light box setup thanks to help from @christabellnails.
Quick constellation nails! Cassiopeia, Orion, Big Dipper, and Lyra ⭐️
I created the base with Cirque Colors Sky Woman & Glitter Gal Black Holo. For the ‘Stars’ I used Essie Marshmallow and a small dotting tool.
Quick accent nails I copied from the mani @christabellnails wore to the Halifax nail blogger meet up on Saturday.
I had way too much coffee in me to try to paint tiny polish bottles!
- OPI Party In My Cabana,
- OPI I Cannoli wear OPI,
- OPI Hello Hawaii Ya?,
- Bonita Chrome My Nail,
- & Finger Paints Colorful Collage.